RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

January 06, 2013

Pasta Puttanesca

This meatless dish could not be easier to make and more delicious and healthy!
I love making with thin spaghetti or a flat noodle. The fresh parsley and basil give it an amazing flavor and aroma that is just irresistible! I first had this when my good friend, Debbie K. made this for me years ago in Fremont, CA. 

I've added a few other ingredients I love, like the olives, parsley, and the capers, but the essence of the dish is the pasta, tomatoes, basil, and the wine.

INGREDIENTS:
Pasta - I use thin spaghetti, about 7oz/half a box.
1 Tbsp EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
4 Tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces (very chunky)
2 Cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
1/2 Tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup White wine
1/2 cup Basil, chopped
1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
1 cup Kalamata olives
1 Tbsp Capers
S&P to taste


INSTRUCTIONS:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Heat EVOO and add pepper flakes and garlic and as soon as the garlic starts to brown and you can smell it, add the tomatoes.  Cook tomatoes for just a couple of minutes and add the wine and the rest of the ingredients.  Season with S&P to taste and turn off the heat and cover the pan, letting the tomatoes cook in the steam for 5-10 minutes.
Serve over hot pasta and enjoy.  I love having a glass of white wine with this dish.

0 comments: