RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

December 16, 2012

DIY Gift Tags

Gift tags are like birthday candles and umbrellas, everyone has them but can't find when you need them! And in my case, I can never seem to have "right" ones!!

Well, being that it's so easy to make/cut your own tags, why not just do that when you need them? 
So, here are some examples I've done for this Christmas, but that I'm now (that I saw the light!) planning to use throughout the year!



Find shapes of tags you want to make, or use cookie cutters, jar lids, and just trace them on cardboard (I use recycled boxes from cereal, crackers, or alike!). 



Save and use/upcycle interesting papers you get from all kinds of sources, save scraps of craft paper to make different shapes and size tags for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Housewarming, or ANY other gift tag-requiring event!


One other thing I do is save/reuse EVERY ribbon, string, or anything that can be used to wrap/tie gifts! Like below the brown/white rope ribbon was save from something else.
I also save tags from things I buy as templates to duplicate the shapes.  Making your tags makes gifts that much more special I think!  
Merry Christmas and happy gift tag making!!

0 comments: