RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

August 19, 2012

Garlic Polenta Cakes


I happened to make the "heart-shapped" last Valentine's Day, but you can of course cut it this into ANY shape you want, depending on the occassion, guest, or menu!

Golden Pheasant's MICROWAVE recipe
5 garlic cloves (yes...I LOVE garlic!), minced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (that's what I use)

PREPARATION
Peel and mince garlic.  Mix polenta according to package directions. Heat oil and add garlic.  Swirl or stir garlic until slightly golden brown and aromatic. Pour immediately over polental and stir to mix.  Cook polenta according to package instructions.

If you're familiar with polenta you know you can have EITHER creamy, right after cooking, and serve with a sauce dish like Italian Sauge & Polenta.  OR let it cool and cut into shapes and brown in hot oil (2-3 tbsp) until golden brown (when it's like candy to me!).

Serving suggestions:
I really wish more recipes would 'suggest' what they go best with.  I love serving creamy polenta with anything that has a red Italian style sauce, and a protein, such as lamb or pork chops with a simple Cucumber & Tomato, or Tomato & Onion salad. ENJOY!


0 comments: