RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

June 01, 2008

* BUYER'S FAQs

The information in these answers is given only as a guide and is not a guarantee and may not apply to every situation, as each case is unique. It is the consumer’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with their own set of circumstances.

Q: Will I lose my deposit if I change my mind about buying the house?
A: Usually only if you do so AFTER removing all your contingencies. Per contract a buyer has a specified time allowed to get the loan approval, do inspections & investigations and such about the property. After all that is done and the buyer is satisfied, all contingencies are removed. After that point the deposit usually goes to the seller as liquidated damages if the buyer backs out or is unable to close escrow.

Q: Will my taxes & insurance be included with my payment?
A: That is usually up to each buyer, but in some cases a lender may require that they are.


Q: What is Mello-Roos?
A: Click here for more info: http://www.mello-roos.com/pdf/mrpdf.pdf for California.


Q: What is a Short Sale?
A: A Short Sale, when approved by the lender, is when the current fair market value of a given property is not sufficient to satisfy the current debt owed against the property, and the lender therefore accepts a Short Sale (current market value) as payment of the debt. Every case is unique and each homeowner should contact their lender for specific details pertaining to his or her own situation.

Have more questions? Please send me an email and I will be happy to try and answer them!

0 comments: