RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

April 19, 2012

Money-Saving Tips to Furnish Your Home!

It is always my goal to NEVER pay full price for new furniture, because I can get great things at a fraction of the cost!
Take this queen size bed frame (with headboard & footboard) for example. I got at it a garage sale for $15! The guy threw in the mirror for free. I cleaned up the mirror and sold it on CL for $20....so, you could say I made $5 on the rest!

As you can see here, the whole thing was dirty, dusty and the mirror has stickers on it. The headboard had a crack where the frame latches to it, so I just glued with wood grue.


The entire thing was retouched with black flat spray paint and it was like new! I am a professional home-stating REALTOR, so the bedding you see here is just for staging...it's an air mattress.



0 comments: