RECYCLE & REPURPOSE

I love DIY projects, especially those that give new life, purpose and beauty to old things!

January 29, 2012

Giving New Life to Old Things

So I just HATE getting rid of old clothes that are perfectly good!

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the skirt this dress cam from, but it was super cute, eccept it "shrunk" on me!

So, ta da!! My darling
granddaugther, Maggie, now has a handmade dress made by me!
Never just throw away things. They can usually go on to serve a new purpose with little effort!




I used to love these brown drawstring pants, but then they "shrunk" on me! Luckly for me, I have a sewing machine AND a beautiful 8-month old granddaughter!



So, of the sew I went and the result is this cute dress, inspired by http://www.sarahclemensclothing.com/index.html





I love her clothing style and I thought it would be a great way for me to give new life to something that still had life left in it...and who to make a dress for? Maggie of course! I think she's gonna look like Tuesday, from The Addams Family in it!! :)















These light grey pants ALSO "shrunk" on me! Must be the water I'm using, LOL!! So I decided to use part of them to give a facelift to a tired old pillow that no longer went with anything.










Here you see the (middle) pillow that now coordinates lovely with our guest bedroom's color theme. I only used part of one leg for the pillow, so who knows where the rest will show up!










0 comments: